In addition to vitamins, minerals and medicinal plants, many ingredients are used in food supplements.
here are the major groups:
- Aromatherapy: while essential oils are most often used in diffusers or on the skin, they can also be found in food supplements.
- Superfruits & superplants: from ingredients to superpowers? It is simply the name given to fruits (usually exotic) or plants that are particularly rich in certain elements such as antioxidants, vitamins or minerals. Acerola, baobab or even kiwi are considered superfruits.
- Superfungi or "mycotherapy": ingredients used in traditional Asian medicine mainly for immunity. We can mention the shiitake or the maitake.
- Marine ingredients: ingredients from the sea (fish, water or seaweed) such as omega 3.
- Dairy ingredients: Colostrum or lactoferrin are ingredients derived from milk.
- Apitherapy: Hive products such as pollen or propolis are traditionally used and known for immunity.
- Probiotics: these "good bacteria" can have a beneficial effect when consumed in sufficient quantities.
- Spices: ingredients such as saffron, cinnamon or turmeric that are traditionally used against stress or joints.
- Microalgae: contrary to what one might think, these algae such as spirulina are grown in fresh water. They have various benefits and generally have interesting protein contents.
- Seeds and cereals: some food supplements contain oat, flax or quinoa seeds.
- Yeasts: red rice yeast, for example, is well known for cholesterol-related disorders.
All these ingredients contain various active ingredients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, lipids and amino acids.
Food supplements are a mine of varied ingredients to meet all needs! W+S chooses its ingredients carefully for quality products.